What is a Winezie? A koozie for your wine bottle, of course! You can make any of three different sized Winezies – a standard 750mL bottle, a magnum 1.5L bottle and a champagne bottle. Pattern includes six pattern pieces and instructions to alter the pieces for different bottle sizes and fabrics. You only need one fat quarter to make one (or a 16″ x 16″ piece of fabric), or you can use scraps to make a fun scrappy Winezie.
The Winezie is a super quick sew – you can whip one of these up in less than 30 minutes, which makes it the perfect last minute holiday gift or host/hostess gift. You can make just one, or a beautiful set to give to all of those wine lovers in your life.
You can read more about this pattern on our blog: https://wivesofwhitewood.com/free-winezies/
Winezies are about 10” x 3” (750mL), 11” x 4” (1.5L) and 9” x 4” (champagne)
- Read all instructions before cutting and sewing.
- ALL SEAMS ARE 1/4” UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
- We suggest using fleece, flannel or cotton.
- If you decide to use a stretchy fabric like a knit, the 750mL template will actually fit a 1.5L magnum bottle.
- Test any disappearing inks or chalks on fabric before making any marks to ensure they will not be seen later. You can also use masking tape to mark lines and remove it after sewing.
- When testing the Winezie, we found that wine bottles are not standard sizes. We modeled the templates on Barefoot wine products. We included notes at the end to alter the templates for other bottles that are taller or narrower than Barefoot products. If your bottle is wider than Barefoot products, use a stretchy fabric to sew the Winezie.
RST = Right Sides Together; WST = Wrong Sides Together
Material List (per Winezie):
1– Fat quarter or 16” X 16” piece of fabric
4 – Elastic hair ties
4 – Buttons
© Copyright Wives of Whitewood 2014. All Rights Reserved. This pattern is intended for personal use. No part of this pattern may be shared, copied or redistributed in any manner. Items made from this pattern may be sold in limited quantities by independent crafters only. Please credit “Wives of Whitewood Pattern” in all sales.