What’s more fun than one cute tote to carry your favorite wine? Two complimentary totes made from the same tutorial. These wine totes feature a padded divider so you can carry two wine bottles or one bottle and other supplies (plastic wine glasses, anyone?). Includes two outside pockets for a wine opener or other small items. This tutorial also has step-by-step instructions for French seams for a professional finish that even a beginner can follow.
You can check out more about this pattern on our blog: https://wivesofwhitewood.com/free-wine-totes/
Wine Totes are about 12” tall, 10” wide, and 5” deep.
- Read all instructions before cutting and sewing.
- For strength and durability, use canvas, duck cloth, outdoor fabric, or something of a similar weight and weave.
- When adhering batting, place it fusible side up on ironing board, then place fabric, right side up, on top. Place another scrap piece of fabric (i.e. pressing cloth) between the iron and your fabric.
- Test any disappearing inks or chalks on fabric before making any marks to ensure they will not be seen later. You can also use masking tape to mark lines and remove it after sewing.
- If you have trouble with needles breaking when sewing through several layers of fabric, switch to a heavier needle rated for denim/canvas (e.g. 100/16).
- If you have trouble with your thread breaking, switch to an extra strong/upholstery weight thread.
RST = Right Sides Together; WST = Wrong Sides Together; WOF = Width Of Fabric
For 44/45” Wide Fabric:
⅔ Yard Fabric A
⅔ Yard Fabric B
For 54” Wide Fabric:
⅝ Yard Fabric A
⅝ Yard Fabric B
NOTE: If using directional prints, you may need to buy more fabric than stated.
2 – 9” X 7” Pieces of Batting or Pellon Fusible Fleece (987F)
4 – 7” Strips of Sew-On Velcro
© Copyright Wives of Whitewood 2014. All Rights Reserved. This pattern is intended for personal use. No part of this pattern may be shared, copied or redistributed in any manner. Items made from this pattern may be sold in limited quantities by independent crafters only. Please credit “Wives of Whitewood Pattern” in all sales.